Latest From The Blogs
Well the Board of Directors met last night for the monthly meeting. Here are my opinions and some of the things discussed were as follows:
Heritage Committee – Fred continues to work on the history of […]
Delegates at the meeting were… Concord, Bay Point, Diablo… Both Walnut Creek and Brentwood clubs did not have delegates present.
If you are a member of one of these missing clubs you might as them about […]
Highlights from the Range
I am a member of Diablo Rod and Gun Club for about 2 years now. I joined mainly because of action pistol (Diablo Action Pistol) activities. They have IDPA, USPSA, and Multigun matches every other week. Beyond action pistol, they have silhouette, rifle, skeet, clays, and many other activities year round. They also have a monthly social and meetings. I really like being a member of DR&GC.
Don’t forget, Diablo Rod and gun is associated with the CMP and fulfills that requirement when purchasing a garand! :-)
USI is not a club. Its a corporation that has a shooting range(s). It is comprised of several clubs. I have been a member with the Diablo Rod and Gun Club there for about 15 years. There are a bunch of shooting events with Diablo and membership is very reasonable compared to other clubs throughout the Bay Area. Check it out…http://diablorodandgun.com/
Our $25 annual membership includes:
Discounted rates at the Public range
Youth shoot free at club events (no fees)
Discounts on ammunition and accessories at the clubhouse and public range
Safety and Hunter Education Classes
Free Dinner every month at the Club Social
– To promote the conservation of wildlife, wildlands and the use thereof
– To promote the observance and enforcement of wildlife and wildlands rules and regulations
– To promote the outdoor sports and to elevate the standards of sportsmanship
– To cooperate with sportsmen and organizations of sportsmen having similar purposes
– To educate the public in general concerning the advantages of preserving wildlife, wildlands and the use thereof
– To educate the youth and adults of the community in the safe handling of firearms
– To cooperate with other organizations and individuals in efforts to preserve the rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America.